Check our Upcoming SAFe Training Calendar
Event Type 2
Past & Future Events
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master – Certification Workshop
Course Name : SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
Advancing Scrum Master servant leadership with SAFe®
A Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) is a servant leader who has a broader, systems view of the Scrum Master role and provides integrated practices for facilitating multiple team, program, and enterprise success in larger programs. Advanced Scrum Masters understand Agile and Scrum anti-patterns and facilitate cross-team interactions to support program execution and relentless improvement. Providing this experience and servant leadership helps teams improve flow and quality of work, resulting in cohesive, high-performing Lean-Agile teams that deliver continuous value.
|Read more about Niladri|
Quick Video of Activity and Feedback from our previous classes
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Certified SAFe Membership Renewal—$295/year: For members who wish to renew one or more SAFe certifications; includes bundled pricing for renewal of all certifications
Individual Membership Renewal—$195/year: For those who don’t seek certification but still benefit from the valuable content at the SAFe Community Platform
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice;
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
Number of Questions: 60
Passing Score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Have some queries? Leave your information below
Some error has occured.